My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Saturday, December 03, 2005

remember that light?

Well, in my last post, I was boasting and yelling at the top of my lungs that I had a freelance gig that was going to set me on the track to success.

I must have missed the potholes

This project I was supposed to start on wasn't due until the 16th of December. Plenty of time. The content...being only dropped into the server last Friday was pretty straight forward. So my thought was...now that I have the content I'll begin workinng Monday and have a good portion done by the end of the week (today).

Then I receive an email Tuesday morning telling me I've been dropped from the contract . Well that wasn't the only drop that morning as my stomach dropped instantly when I saw that. They're reason or excuse was that the end client thought I was too far away (PEI) and was on dial-up (even though I mentioned I was on high speed daily)

To me...that's bull. It doesn't matter how I do the work, just as long as I get it done. But that didn't matter I guess. And there you have it. slammed down again. As a friend of mine put it... regional discrimination.

I'm hoping something comes about in a week or so with a 9-5 here.

Comments on "remember that light?"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 p.m.) : 

hey...you.....where are you

 

post a comment