My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mark Bragg

Well, I thought...maybe I shouldn't go out twice in a row.....need to save m'pennies these days. But then I thought...fuck it...Pat Deighan and the Orb Weavers were playing so I was sure of a good show even if I wasn't crazy about the opening band. But boy....was I in for a treat.

Mark Bragg was the opening act last night at Baba's and he and his band put on a truely kick-ass show. I had heard his name thrown around here and there....I think I remember hearing about him playing the ECMA's one year. But what I saw was hard to pin to any style. If I had to, he'd be a combo of Elvis Costello and.......Hawksley Workman. But really he had his own brand of play.

Unfortunately due to my financial situation I wasn't able to pick up his CD.....but he is on Maple Music so if in the near future I become rich and famous I'll consider buying one. I urge those reading to check this guy out.

Comments on "Mark Bragg"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 p.m.) : 

I love Ben Ross

 

Blogger Jason said ... (8:03 p.m.) : 

It's too bad I didn't know you knew him.. I coulda talked to him about you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 a.m.) : 

Bragg!!! That guy sure give it 110%. I quite enjoy his brand of weird-a-billy rock. We saw him open for and play with the Rheostatics last year.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 p.m.) : 

I love the Rheostatics, possibly one of my favorite all time bands. I can't recal how many times I have seen them but I would see them many many more times forever more :P

 

post a comment