My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Aardman Animation

My history watching Aardman Animation started in 1994 when I saw an animation festival while living in Vancouver, British Columbia. The cartoon in question was Wallace & Gromit's "The Wrong Trousers". It was the last piece on the bill. Let me tell you...I was in tears after that. It was some the best, most original, funny animation I've seen in a long time. Since then I've loved pretty much anything Nick Park has done.

It saddened me though, to find out that Aardman's warehouse in the UK burned down a few days ago. The sheer thought of that much history...that much sweat and that much creativity being destroyed in such a brutal blows my mind. Storyboards, models, sets...gone.

I'm sure they had it insured, but in the end you can't replace those things. After hearing the news, I felt compelled to go see the new full length Wallace and Gromit movie (was going to see it anyway). It was, as I expected a wonderful piece of creativity. I highly recommend it.

Comments on "Aardman Animation"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 a.m.) : 

I can't believe that bad news! Burned down... Good to hear the new feature is a good one.

Cheers!

 

post a comment