My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 03, 2005

It's gonna get thick

I like to think I'm on the ball....but this particular topic has taken me awhile to grasp. Or maybe it's my gullible sense of honesty.....

whatever the case is, I'm about to become a liar. For the past 4-5 months I've been aiming for jobs left, right and center only to be shot down every time. I'm not getting it. If there's one thing I'm confident in is my ablility to design. 8 years have taught me some great tricks of the trade. These years have brought me to a point where I am confident about my abilities.

That being said though, when i look at my resume, I see honesty to the last dotted eye. I was brought up (especially by my Dad) to play the honesty game. But I'm noticing suckers whiz by me in this life by BS'ing to the utmost. Time to join the fray.

I'm going to go through my resume and embellish it all over the place. Art director this, designed for this big whig, owned one of the premier agencies in Eastern Canada. Fuck it. When I show potential agencies my resume as is, they see the norm. My resume is a bore in the sea of countless other resumes. I need to fucking blow their minds.

I just have to remember that there's some honesty in my embellishing. If I believe it...then it's true. :)

Comments on "It's gonna get thick"

 

post a comment