My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sunday, November 28, 2004

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

It's great staying with friends...no hassle of hotels or the expense. Unfortunately my friends are very busy with school work and it's tough to motivate them to go touring with me. I wouldn't be all gung-ho about seeing the tourist traps either. With that in mind I've checked out obvious places. Friday's destination was le Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal. For $6 you get an amazing array of some fantastic art.

Saturday was a day of not knowing what to do...and getting this nervous feeling in my stomach. So I decided to find this area of St. Catherine Street that had a bunch of shops. When I got there I was surprised to see how much it reminded me of Young Street. Same feel....same types of shops.

So i returned back to the apartment and watched movies with my friends until my friend from Ottawa showed up............and then one of the most memorable times of my life I think.... a time of such a high and such a low. It was a mixed bag of emotions. Let me just say that the Pixies were un-fricken-believable (sorry Rob). How Frank Black doesn't have a voice anymore is beyond me. They belted out all the classics and had all the goth/punk kids (damn I felt old) in the palm of their hands.

What happened after the show was done was pretty painful. To make a long story short the best girl I've seen come through my life in probably the last 10 years didn't recipricate similar feelings. In the last few years, I've shrugged things like that off because upon a closer look it was probably for the best. I don't have those feelings this time. But stuff happens right? You move on....to some extent.

Train leaves tonight...and then back home tomorrow. It's been....interesting.

Comments on "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

 

post a comment