My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Back from the dead

The Pixies (the pre-alternative band that started the whole thing in motion for the 90s) played their first reunion show last night in Minneapolis. They took the stage after an 11 year hiatus from playing together in what is a warm up show before the actual tour kicks off at the Coachella festival on May 1st.

Early reviews (from what I've been reading) peg it as a luke warm kick-off mixed in with a bit of friction between the irreverent vocalist, Frank Black and bassist, Kim Deal. Here's hoping they can hammer these things out long enough for this fall, when their tour takes them east (and hopefully in my neck of the woods).

In any event, I think I'll que up my Pixies playlist and listen to some Debaser. :)

Comments on "Back from the dead"

 

post a comment